As we grow and operate on a number of continents, so does our dependence on a rock-solid IT infrastructure. We are expanding our repertoire to include a greater collection of Linux/Open Source/Windows and OS X products. With this, we are on the look-out for a rock star to wrangle control of our internal networks, external cloud infrastructure and help us us utilise technology in a way to make us even better.
Job Title: IT Network Packet Wrangling Penguin Master
Salary Range: Industry standard, commensurate with experience
Location: Johannesburg/Pretoria, South Africa
As a system / network administrator your daily duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing a growing internal network, both in ZA and UK and increased cloud-based infrastructure
- Championing the adoption of new technologies, ways of working and being incredibly excited about security. Yes, we like that type of person who scoffs at the idea of using a plain-text protocol
Not essential, but bonus points for:
- Providing day-to-day Desktop, Server and Network administration, including helping plakkers (the name we give to all who work at SensePost) with their devices
- Be capable of using a variety of operating systems
- Ensuring our disaster recovery plan is working as it should
- Being the go to person to all those who require assistance with their IT
- Maintaining and administer the telecommunications system
- Administering the network to ensure that the systems in place run effectively and securely (we are, after all, a security company!)
- A real passion for finding technology led solutions to problems.
- Be excited about Unix firewalls, Cisco routers, wrangling network packets, VPN tunnelling and Wi-Fi
- Able to hold a conversation and smile when mentioning SMTP/HTTP/IMAP/Python
- Actually getting a linux laptop to use an overhead projector, without resorting to swear words in Spanish and Afrikaans
- Administering a Windows server without complaining, at all, not once, in fact, you actually kinda enjoy it.
- Being really passionate about security and showing it doesn't have to get in the way of working productively.
If the above has got you thinking 'weird, it's like they are talking to me bru!
' then we want to hear from you. Send us a carrier pigeon message or send us a mail